Job Status: Part Time or Full Time Seasonal
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $17-22/hr. based on experience
Reports To: Owner/Operations Manager
Environment: 100% Outdoor – Varying Weather
Positions Supervised: NA
Work Schedule: Full Time (10+) or Part Time (10+), Seasonal or Occasional Position.
Starting early spring (dependent on weather) through late fall.
Pleasant View Gardens is hiring all skill levels of Gardeners to join our Garden Expert Team . This position will be a part of developing beautiful gardens. We are looking for candidates that share Pleasant View Gardens values of high integrity, quality work, and excellent customer service. This candidate will love to work outside, and take pride and ownership in their work. Knowledge and interest in plant materials including houseplants, annuals, perennials, shrubs, and trees is beneficial. Candidates will be provided with on-the-job training as well as ongoing educational opportunities to grow and enhance their plant knowledge. Pleasant View Gardens offers a casual, open door and team-oriented culture. We look forward to supporting your career and acquiring an inspirational member for our team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planting, Weeding, and soil amendment
- Trimming and sculpting of trees and shrubs
- Watering, fertilizing, deadheading and general tidying of gardens
- Mulching of garden beds
- Garden clean ups, Garden renovation
- Insect identification and control
- Small equipment operation
- Taking and executing direction from a supervisor in a timely and efficient manner
- Education and/or professional experience in gardening or horticulture helpful
- Certification from the Minnesota Landscape Association, Master Gardener certification, pesticide license, or other licenses and certifications a plus
- Clean Driving record and Class D drivers license, and the ability to drive a pickup, possibly with a trailer
- Fluency in spanish beneficial
- Free Plants!!!!!!!!
- Paid educational events and training
- Health insurance reimbursement
- Paid holidays and PTO
- IRA, based on eligibility
Pay range $17-22/hr. based on experience, education, licensures, and qualifications.