Department: Installation Job Status: Part Time to Full Time Seasonal
Reports To: Owner and Operations Manager Salary Range: $21-25/hr. based on experience
Work Schedule: PT to FT March -November with the possibility for part time winter work
Pleasant View Gardens is hiring Garden Install Crew Members as a part of our team. This position requires installing gardens, trees, shrubs, edging, mulch, and plants as well as other responsibilities at various job sites. This candidate will love to work outside, and take pride and ownership in their work. Candidates will be provided with on-the-job training as well as ongoing educational opportunities to continue to grow and enhance their plant knowledge. Pleasant View Gardens offers a casual, open door and team-oriented culture. We look forward to supporting your career and acquiring an inspirational member for our team!
- Garden clean ups
- Garden renovation
- Soil amendment
- Planting, trimming and sculpting trees and shrubs
- Installation of gardens; mulching of garden beds
- Installation of drain tile, fencing, edging, retaining walls, pavers, and boulders
- Installation of gardens based on designs and sketches
- Small equipment operation
- Team work with our staff of garden installation experts
- Communicating effectively with crew and supervisors
- Taking and executing direction from a supervisor in a timely and efficient manner
- Following direction
- Attention to detail
- Completion of all other tasks and jobs as assigned.
Required Functions, Skills, & Abilities:
- Regular and timely attendance required.
- This position requires working in varying outdoor weather conditions.
- Must have the ability to properly lift, bend, carry and extend physically.
- Must be able to lift 40+ pounds.
- Must be able to take directions and efficiently execute them.
- Must be pleasant and able to communicate thoroughly with the client and crew.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Must have knowledge of tablets and smartphones, including applications for maps and scheduling
- General knowledge of plant materials is helpful -onsite training is available.
- Knowledge of general small equipment use, i.e. a blower, pruner, trimmer etc. is helpful- onsite training is available.
- General knowledge of plant pests and diseases, as well as treatment applications helpful – on-site training available
- Must have availability to work four 10 hour+ days with a vacation freeze (no requested vacation) in the month of May.
- Prolonged periods standing, walking, stretching, bending, climbing ladders, kneeling, and pulling.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions. Including high humidity, heat and moisture.