As the lazy days of summer come to an end, fall brings new opportunities for seasonal garden displays. At Pleasant View Gardens, we help our customers showcase the beauty of the season in colorful container gardens. An indoor or outdoor area can easily be transformed with a beautiful fall container display that’s filled with the season’s best offerings. Read on to discover how to embrace the fall season with a cornucopia container display!
Benefits of a Container Garden
Container gardens are a simple and effective way to bring a splash of color to a space. The design possibilities are endless, and you don’t have to be an expert gardener to create and maintain a container garden display. Here are a few other benefits of these compact gardens:
- Size – Container gardens are compact, making them easy to fit in smaller spaces. These small displays of flowers and foliage can still make a big impact!
- Easy to update – The small size of a container garden makes it fairly easy to change with the seasons. Compared to a larger garden that might require extensive planning and planting, simply choose a few of your favorite plants to fill the container.
- Indoor-friendly – Decorating the inside of your home with seasonal plants is an easy way to bring unique charm.
Tips to Create a Cornucopia
Fall is the perfect time to create a cornucopia-themed container garden that will take you from the early days of harvest all the way to Thanksgiving. Here are some tips that will ensure you highlight the best this season has to offer:
- Choose sturdy plants – Fall weather can be unpredictable, with the possibility of extended warm weather, wind, and early snowfall. Consider choosing hardy ornamental plants like cabbage or kale for the base of your container garden. These can stand up to harsh weather, while still invoking some of the classic colors of fall.
- Use autumnal colors – Muted shades of burgundy, orange, and gold are all great choices to add to your fall container display. Mums, ornamental grasses, and leafy coral bells will give your containers a variety of colors and textures.
- Add seasonal accents – Mini pumpkins and gourds can add a special seasonal touch to your fall container. Halloween and Thanksgiving garden ornaments like jack-o-lanterns and turkeys can also add a fun and whimsical look to your display.