Salary Range: $22-30/hr. based on experience
Job Status: Full Time Seasonal
Reports To: Owner/Operations Manager
Positions Supervised: 2-6 team members per shift
Work Schedule: Work Schedule: FT March -November (Ability to work 10 Hrs. with a vacation freeze in the month of May/early June)
We are a small female owned – family operated business, certified through the Minnesota Landscape Association (MNLA), members of the Minnesota Horticultural Society, and the Perennial Plant Association. At Pleasant View Gardens, our mission is to create unique spaces filled with beautiful plant material, allowing our clients to enjoy their ‘Pleasant View’. We do this by continuing to educate ourselves on new processes and methods, and providing quality workmanship and horticultural expertise. We value being organically conscious and practice sustainable gardening for the well-being of our staff, clients, community, and environment.
What we are offering you:
Pleasant View Gardens is hiring a Leader in the Gardening Industry. This position will be a part of developing beautiful gardens for our clients. We are looking for candidates that share Pleasant View Gardens’ values of high integrity, quality work, and excellent customer service.
If you love to work outside, have a knowledge or interest in plant materials, including houseplants, annuals, perennials, shrubs, and trees, we would love to speak to you!
Candidates will receive on-the-job training and educational opportunities to grow and enhance their plant knowledge, the ability to learn about and work hands- on with a vast array of plants, and we even offer free plants! Pleasant View Gardens offers a casual, open-door, and team-oriented culture. We want to help you learn about a career in the horticulture industry.
We offer benefits to full time seasonal employees after 60 days of employment as well as supplemental offerings.
We look forward to supporting your career and acquiring an inspirational team member!
- Planting of perennials, shrubs, annuals
- Creating unique seasonal container displays
- Trimming and sculpting of trees and shrubs
- Watering, fertilizing, deadheading and general tidying of gardens
- Weeding and weed identification
- Garden renovation
- Soil amendment
- Basic knowledge of plant pests
- Works effectively as a group leader to manage teams of 2-5 gardeners
- Works directly with the Field Operations Manager
- Communicates effectively with other Crew Leaders and co-workers
- Works efficiently to complete assigned tasks
- Actively contributes to job quality, safety, and customer service goal;
- Able to set a pace and workflow for their team by setting the example
- Provides excellent service that is accurate, complete, and timely to clients, work-site partners, and Company staff in a courteous and efficient manner
- Creates a positive and inviting work environment for their team members
- Able and willing to teach and mentor all staff in appropriate methods of work
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent – Required
- Two or more years of related experience – Required.
- Pesticide Applicator license required within 60 days of employment – Training material provided by PVG
- An understanding of fundamental plant requirements, including irrigation requirements, fertilizer requirements, and pest and disease identification/management.
- Must have knowledge of the safe handling and application of chemicals such as fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides and fungicides.
- A clean driving record and willingness to obtain a DOT health card to operate our commercial pickups.
- Prolonged periods standing, walking, stretching, bending, climbing ladders, kneeling, and pulling.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions. Including high humidity, heat and moisture.